Monday, August 17, 2009

The worst day ever

so, let me tell you about my day...
It all started at 4:45 A.M. when Jered left to go to Cedar City for a 2 day work class. He was suppose to come back on Tuesday. Then at 6:30 A.M. Madison ran into the bathroom downstairs and started throwing up. Luckily she made it to the bathroom before it all came out on the carpet! I was so proud of her. She was still throwing up at 8:30 A.M. when I was suppose to take the kids to my cousins house to play today while I got hair extensions in Taylorsville with my sister-in-law Kayla. We decided to take Maddy with us and drop Eli off at Trena's. Well, on my way to Payson Market where I was going to go buy Maddy a sprite to settle her stomach and cash some checks, I got pulled over by a Payson Police Officer for speeding. I know, I know, I should have paid more attention to how fast I was going, but I just had one thing on the brain, getting Maddy a pop... So I got a ticket for 5 over the limit, which was better than 15 over, which I was doing. Opps! I better start paying attention to the speed limit. Soooo, after that, I dropped Eli off at Trena's house and left him crying and drove away. I just hoped that he would calm down and be okay for her. So, now I was on my way to the class. Oh, did I mention that Madison is STILL throwing up in a bowl as we are driving up to SLC.
So, we got to the class which started at 10 A.M. and we even got there 5 minutes early! I took Maddy to the potty and headed to the class. While in the class she still was throwing up and about after an hour of sitting in the class getting instructions, Madison started throwing up blood, so that was our sign to get her to the doctor. So we asked if we could reschedule and away we went to the doctor. Luckily we have the most AWESOME dr. in the world, they got us right in. We left Eli at Trena's house, hoping he wasn't screaming too bad, and took Madison to the dr. They did a UTI test which came back negative, but they found out that she was on the line of being dehydrated. Did I mention that she is STILL throwing up!!! I can't count how many times she threw up today! I felt so bad for her... Anyway, they gave her a shot of Phenegren and a Pedia-Pop. Doc said that she had to keep the popsicle down or she would have to go to the hospital for IV treatment. So, she got the popsicle down and said, "ok Mom, lets go home now". Then she looked at me and out it ALL came. All over me, her, the backback and the floor. The doc came back in and said that that was his answer and away we went to the hospital. And yes, still throwing up! Yuck!
So we got to the hospital and they checked us in under observation. Doc said that she may have to stay over night just to get enough liquids and get rehydrated. Maddy didn't want that at all!
I got a call from Jered saying that he would be on his way home... That was the best news I had heard all day! I really needed him with me to help our dear little girl feel better. So he was coming home!
They started the IV and she fell asleep pretty soon after that. She slept for a while and while she did, Jered came with our wonderful neighbors and gave her a blessing which was much needed. Soon after that, she woke up to see her grandpa Taylor and her dad waiting for her to wake up. And once again, she threw up again. That wasn't good. That meant that she would probably have to stay overnight because she just wasn't keeping anything down.

So, Grandma Raff picked up Eli and brought him to the hospital where he was cautious at what was going on. Maddy woke up and started to perk up a bit. She was coloring and watching movies with the family. Grandma Taylor came to visit her as well and brought her some fun gifts she could play with. She was enjoying Pedia-Pops once again and this time she KEPT THEM DOWN!!! HOORAY!!!! Way to go Madison!!! , but she still had to stay overnight for observation.

So, Madison and Dad are "camping out" at the hospital tonight. When I left she was watching a movie and getting ready for bed. The doc will be in in the morning to check on her and hopefully she will be feeling a lot better than today!

I am very greatful for a wonderful husband that honors his priesthood so that he can bless our family. I am also greatful for our wonderdul neighbors that we can count on to help give our family blessings. I believe in the power of the priesthood very much and know that after she received the blessing, Heavenly Father started healing her sick body. I know that he will continue to bless her to make her body whole.

So, that is how my day went today. I guess it could have been worse, I'm just glad it wasn't.... Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! I love you Madison. Get feeling better sweetie!

1 comment:

  1. That breaks my heart that you had such a crappy day. I am glad you are over it though and life is better. I just wanted you to know what a great poeple You and Jared are. Thanks for being our friends.